Wednesday, November 2, 2011

.Nine

.Part One

.Morgan

“Babe?” Chris said holding me in his arms as we laid on the couch. “I’ve only met one person in your family and that’s Angie. I wanna meet the people who raised you and Angie… your parents.” my smile kind of faded. I sat up and looked at him. “somethin wrong?” He asked me. “ummm no, sure you can meet my parents.” I gave a half smile. I got up and ran upstairs and put on my shoes, I was wearing a pair of my favorite shorts and a t-shirt. Chris was fully clothed. “Put some shoes on and let’s go.” He gave me a look. “Already?” “yeah, let’s go.” He shrugged and went upstairs and put some shoes on. We hopped in my car, I pulled out of the driveway and drove off. Chris noticed I was kind of down. “You okay baby?” I looked at him. “I’m fine.” “you sure?” “yeah, I’m good.” “okayyyy.” I continued driving.

We arrived at out location and Chris noticed something very wrong. “Babe… this is a cemetery. “I know.” I grabbed his hand and led him to where my mom and dad were buried. “Chris, these are my parents.” I said not smiling. He didn’t know what to say. “Baby, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know.” “It’s okay.” I pecked his lips and sat in front of the graves. Chris sat next to me and put his arm around me. “Morgan, what happened? I mean if you don’t wanna tell me, it’s cool.” “Drive by…” I said wiping a tear. “Angie and I were out back inside of my old playhouse playing with our dolls and tea sets and just having fun…” I swallowed. “Take your time babe.” Chris said as he rubbed my back as my voice started to crack. “I was 10, Angie was 12… next thing I know, gunshots rang out, 15 minutes passed by before it stopped.” By this time the tears were pouring. “Angie and I ran out of the playhouse and into the house… I screamed, because there was my mother on the floor… in a pool of blood and a few feet away was my daddy… in a pool of blood.” I started rocking back and forth, and the next thing I know I was on the ground in front of my parents’ tombstones crying my eyes out. Chris cradled me in his arms as I cried. I felt a teardrop on my shoulder, which indicated Chris shed a few tears. I never really talked about my parents, on one hand it hurts… but on the other hand it felt good to get it off my chest. I miss my parents so much, I wish they were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment