Wednesday, October 26, 2011

.Fourteen

.Morgan

The next morning…

I woke up and saw Chris knocked out. I kissed his nose and wriggled out of bed. I took a shower and did my hygiene thing. I put my hair in a messy ponytail and got dressed to go to the store. I left Chris a note so he wouldn’t worry.

I got to the store and wobbled around the aisles. “Well, if it isn’t Miss Morgan.” I looked behind me and saw Dustin, he looked different. He definitely didn’t look like the same Dustin that was at my 22nd birthday party. His eyes were reddish, he was probably high, but it didn’t look like he got high from smoking, which I already knew he did. No, it definitely wasn’t weed. “Dustin? Have you been… sniffing?” I said in a quiet voice. He just laughed, I was now absolutely sure he was doing coke. “I see you’re pregnant.” He said. “Yeah, I am. We need to talk, now.” He followed me to the cashier and I paid for my things and then put them in my car. “Dustin, what the hell is wrong with you?” “What do you mean?” “You… this isn’t you Dustin.” He just shrugged. “How long have you been sniffing?” He busted out laughin again. “Dustin!” “aww, man be cool Morgan, only a year.” “A year?!” I put my hand on my forehead and just sighed. The next thing I knew Dustin grabbed my arms and forcefully kissed me. I fought him off. “Dustin, what the hell?” “I miss you Morgan, that should be my baby growin inside of you.” “Dustin, you know why we broke up, I forgave a long time ago and said we could be friends. I love you, but only as a friend. Dustin you’ll always have a place in my heart, but there is no way we’re going to be together.” “Morgan…” “Dustin, you need help. You are not the same Dustin I used to know.” “Morgan, please…” “I have to go now.” I got out of Dustin’s grip and got in my car and drove home. Something is not right about him, and it’s not just the cocaine, it’s something else.

When I got home, Chris was up, he was shirtless and he fixed breakfast. “Morning, baby.” He said smiling. “Morning, you got my note right?” “Yeah.” He saw something was wrong. “What happened baby?” “I saw Dustin today.” “Oh?” “I’m worried about him Chris, I really am, I can’t help that.” “Morgan, it’s okay, I know ya’ll are still friends.” “I think he’s on coke now, I saw him at the store and he just didn’t look right, he wasn’t acting the same, and when we got outside I saw a small amount of a white substance under his nose.” “Seriously?” “Yes, Chris. But I don’t think cocaine is all he does. And as a friend I really want to help him.” “I’ll help as much as I can too, babe.” It made me smile that Chris wasn’t so much of the jealous type, that he wouldn’t let me help Dustin because he was my ex, but he’s my friend and I don’t want to lose a friend. I told Chris about the kiss and how Dustin told me how he missed me. He didn’t trip.

.Chris

I didn’t trip about what Morgan told me, because I have a past with drugs, I was on coke heavy as a teenager, and it caused me to do the unthinkable, I murdered someone while high as fuck on coke. It was my mama’s boyfriend, not husband, her boyfriend. Morgan knows I have a brother, but she doesn’t know I had a sister, her name was Macii. That bastard raped and killed my sister all because she wouldn’t fuck him. She told my mama that he was flirtin with her and even touched her, as blind as my mama was, she didn’t believe her, until it was too late. After Macii’s funeral, I went to a private area inside of a club with some friends, I was 17 at the time, we got high and the more coke I did, the angrier I got about Macii, until I left. I had to sneak inside my window, and to my dad’s den where had a .45 stashed. I knew where it was so I grabbed it, and thankfully my mama was out of town with her friends and that bitch nigga was in the room knocked out after fuckin some random bitch, she was gone too, so it was just me and him. I walked to the room quietly and from the doorway, I pointed the gun right at his head. “This is for my sister and my mama.” I said to myself and then I pulled the trigger. I shot his ass 7 times. He was dead with the first bullet that went to his brain. I ran to my room and packed some shit and then I left my mama a letter. I ain’t been back to Virginia ever since. Truthfully, I wanted to go back and get my mama and move her out here with me, but Lawrence’s people don’t like me or Gui, they hated me for killing that sick bastard, but they didn’t know anything that was happening in that house. They only knew the cool Lawrence, the man everybody loved, but with me, my mama, Gui, & Macii, he was this sick asshole with a heart of ice, he was cold as fuck with me, Gui, & Macii, he cheated on my mama constantly. All I know is if Morgan ever found out anything from my past, I’m almost sure she’d leave me, mostly for not tellin her. Gui knows everything, I mean he’s my brother, he wasn’t mad because he would’ve done the same thing, he told me if I had not have killed Lawrence, he would have. That’s why our brotherly bond is so strong, we felt the same way about the situation.

Morgan noticed that I had zoned out. “Chris!” “huh?” “I’ve been calling your name for about 10 minutes now, what’s wrong?” “Nothin, I just zoned out I guess, I’m about to go see what my brother is up to.” “okay, I love you.” “I love you, too.” I peck her lips. “I love you, too.” I said kissing Morgan’s belly. She giggled. I smiled and left.

Gui & I sat on a bench near a local park and talked “So Morgan doesn’t know about the drugs or the murder?” He asked. “Nope, I’ll tell her, I just need to find the right time.” “So it all came floodin back when she told you about her ex doin coke.” “Yeah, that’s why I didn’t trip because I know, I don’t know what he might be goin through, but I know all about a cocaine addiction. If he’s been doin it for a year, it’s an addiction.” “True shit, so you still thinkin about movin mama out here? I know Lawrence’s people givin her hell.” “Yeah, I want to move her out here with me.” “You know mama is stubborn.” “Yeah, but movin out here is what’s best for her.” “hey Chris.” Oh shit. “What Indiya.” “I just wanted to say hi and I can’t wait for the photoshoot. “Whatever.” “Who’s this?” She asked flirtatious like. “My brother Gui, Gui this is Indiya.” “Sup” he said nodding. “well I have a spa appointment, bye now.” She walked away, that was strange. I just shook my head and me and Gui continued talkin, until we both went our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment